Sunday 17 October 2010

TUNE alert: la Zebra - Mind Tricks



I'm a tad depressed that I've only found la Zebra recently - and I've missed out. But fear not, I tell myself, it's never too late to find good music. This California one-man-artist translates our gloomy British view of California through the ray of sunshine beats upheld in this tune - a sort of Daft Punk crossed with the older work of Armand Van Helden, but by no means any less individual. The title is quite apt; I started to think just how did they get Michael Jackson to provide vocals? Playing with my mind, indeed. The soulful break is an unexpected disco delight, which leaves more space for an uplifting Californian house shimmer.

Enjoy.



And this be the remix of an old time classic 'Evil Woman'.



Released: 22nd October 2010
Link: myspace // official

No comments:

Post a Comment