Saturday 8 May 2010

Artist: Thomas Bangalter

As I was researching the previous post I made for James Talk & Ridney's latest version of 'Forever', I came across this little man. Little not in height, nor in stature or even DJ status. So why did I use the term 'little'? I hear you ponder. Well, that I don't know. But what I do know is this man, along with DJ Falcon, collectively known as Together, was reason enough for me to stomp my feet back at a night in Nottingham called Love Zoo. The perfect accompaniment to alcohol, friends and light snacks ;)

A tune that was ripping through the airwaves at that moment in time when I was just learning the ways of rave was one quite romantically called 'So Much Love'. That tune is posted at the bottom of this post and provided many hugged-up, loved-up, hunchback moments. Aside from that tune, did you know that Mr Bangalter is half of the Daft Punk duo, as well as that he provided music for the French independent film called 'Irreversible' and consequently named his album the same thing? And now resides in Beverley Hills?

Bangalter has stated some interesting quotes:

Upon being asked about celebrity status;

"We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise."

And about drug usage;

"Personally I don't like ecstasy. It makes me lose any sense of critical judgement, it makes me like every track I hear. All the music we've done, I think people can enjoy it and really go crazy even if they're not on any drugs. Maybe that's why it's successful and has crossed over."

Very smart indeed.

So here is Eric Prydz 'Call On Me'. Oh, sorry, I mean Bangalter's 'So Much Love'. Similar, much?

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment